Marisa here - office manager and in-house chef over at From the Farmer!
My Farmbox inspiration is coming from a meal I prepared for my family during the Lunar New Year. The simple orange chicken and veggies wrapped in Bibb lettuce, makes for a quick meal during the busy work week.
- 1 TB avocado, grapeseed or stir-fry oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- l medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ t red chili flakes (less or more to your taste)
- 1 valencia orange, juiced
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce, leaves pulled and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oil over medium heat and add ground meat. Brown meat, then add garlic, onions, carrots and zucchini. Cook until tender and stir occasionally to avoid burning.
2) Add juice of oranges and add salt and pepper to mixture. Continue to stir and cook until sauce thickens.
3) To make the wraps, use two leaves of lettuce layered on top of each other and fill with orange chicken mixture.
4) Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro or seaweed flakes (if available).