Katie, one of our customer care gurus, is a whiz in the kitchen! Growing up with a family whose appreciation for fresh produce runs deep, Katie's no stranger to the seasonal goods that come through our doors.
This Moroccan Carrot Salad is a delicious side dish paired with anything inspired by African or Middle Eastern flavors, such as this Chicken Tagine with Apricots & Almonds or this Squash & Chickpea Stew. You can even switch up the colors - or mix & match - will beautiful purple haze or rainbow carrots!
Katie's Moroccan Carrot Salad
- 1 pound of carrots, washed and sliced
- Olive oil
- 2-5 garlic cloves, depending on how much garlic you like!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander
- Dash of cinnamon
- A few mint springs, roughly chopped
- Half a lemon
- Heat up your olive oil in a pan and stir in the garlic and spices for about 1-2 minutes. Your kitchen will become very fragrant at this point!
- Add your chopped carrots and sliced onions to the pan and sauté until onions are clear and carrots are soft
- Plate the carrot mixture, adding salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon and mint. Ready!