Whether you’re looking for a cozy night in or to impress at your next dinner party, you can never go wrong with a classic Cheese Platter.
In our opinion, the best cheese plate is one that has high-quality and delicious options, but not too many options. For a general guideline to building the perfect platter, follow these simple instructions:
- Choose 3 Cheeses:
- one soft, mild cheese (typically a goat or brie cheese)
- one hard cheese (pictured here is a 12-month manchego)
- one aged cheese (choose between a blue or aged goat)
- Choose 2 “Vehicles”
- a mild-flavored cracker that is easy to combine with a lot of flavor profiles (think a plain sea-salt or whole wheat thin cracker)
- fruit of choice depending on the season (I love apples, pears, figs, and grapes)
- Add the fancy extras!
- a flavorful, seasonal jam (pictured here is a locally-made Asian pear jam)
- nuts (Marcona almonds are always a favorite)
Enjoy experimenting with your favorite combinations and flavors!