For those of us at the FTF HQ, summer means an abundance of fresh flavors, light nibbles and grilling any chance we get. With this yummy salad we combine those factors of seasonality into one dish – and add it to our plates any chance we get! Caramelized corn and refreshing herbs paired with peaches and vibrant red onion make for a delightful dish you’ll want to make all summer long.
- 6 ears corn, husks removed
- 3 peaches; cut into slices, then halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 sprigs mint, chopped
- 5 sprigs basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt + pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Optional: 4 cups arugula
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Use 2 tbsp olive oil to rub the 6 ears of corn so they are lightly coated – this will help the corn kernels to caramelize nicely. Once the grill or pan are heated, cook the corn, occassionally turning over until all sides are golden and smell delicious.
- Once corn is removed from the heat, cut off the kernels with a sharp knife, moving them to a large bowl to be combined with the peach slices, red onion and herbs.
- Vigorously stir balsamic, remaining olive oil, salt + pepper in a small bowl, then dress salad with vinaigrette.
- Next, fold in shaved parmesan. At this point, you can also add in greens to this salad – arugula is a great match!
- This dish is wonderful all on its own or alongside a piece of delicious salmon or grilled chicken for added protein. Enjoy!